Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Profession:Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Implement occupational therapy services for patients under the supervision of an occupational therapist, with services including treatment, standardized assessment data and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate and articulate sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of patient progress.
- Recognize when standard patient protocols or treatment plans need modification to meet individual patient needs & reports to therapist.
- Understand the role of therapy in the context of the patient's age, total needs perspective and environment.
- Perform age appropriate advanced competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient's problems.
- Consistently report to therapist patient progress/status to allow for updated of goals and modification of treatment program.
- Recommend discharge of patient at point of optimal benefit of treatment, making appropriate provision for continuing services if needed.
- Consistently meet patient care productivity standard for position.
- Work cooperatively with peers to contribute to the overall productivity of the team.
- Utilize support personnel (aides, senior aides, ) when appropriate and available.
- Actively support and participate in cross coverage efforts in the division.
- Assess the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers with regard to age, level of understanding & emotional status.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately.
- Ensure that patient/family understands when and how to receive further treatment.
- Patient care documentation is timely, legible, and efficient.
- Notes are concise, pertinent and meet departmental documentation standards.
- Oral reporting is clear, concise, relevant, and timely.
- Preform all required data collection for the department accurately/within expected time frame.
- Peer review standards are consistently met. Collaborate effectively with other members of the health care team.
Please call 855-561-1715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
1715 N. Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, Fl 33607