Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Serving Patients with Special Needs
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Kentucky looking for a FRESH START? If the answer is yes, then we can help! Cell Staff provides nationwide employment opportunities for healthcare professionals and we are constantly seeking the most gifted candidates in the healthcare field to work with our clients. We pride ourselves on being staffing visionaries. Whether is it's your first day or tenth year with us, you will find your individual needs met with the Cell Staff personal touch. That's why we say "It's All About the Experience."
Cell Staff is currently seeking LPN's to join the PRN Pool at the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center in Pikesville, Kentucky. This position allows employees to set their own working schedule, not to exceed 40 hours per week.
Current Shifts Available:
- 2nd shift from 3pm to 11pm
- 3rd shift from 11pm to 7am
- Additional Days and Shifts Times May Become Available Each Month
- One (1) year of professional experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Kentucky, and remain active with all annual licensing requirements.
- Possession of a current valid CPR certification.
- Current Negative PPD or Clear Chest X-Ray
- Must possess a valid Driver's license.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Compensation
- Weekly Pay (of course its direct deposit)
- Set Your Own Work Schedule
- Certification / CEU Reimbursement Available
- Basically, we can accommodate/build the perfect package to meet your needs!
Knowledge and Skills
The LPN shall work directly with the Center's student body to provide but not limited to:
- Medical consultation
- Evaluation/preparation/administration of physician prescribed treatment
- Assisting with physician clinics/physical examinations
- Direct care/monitoring of; blood pressure/pulse, blood sugar, respiration, wound care/treatment, transfers, and meals
- Medication administration / med-pass
- Medication follow-up
- Communication with nursing staff, Center Physician/staff, and consumer family members
- Maintenance of medical records per CDPVTC/state/federal policy and procedures
- Complete shift reports
- Assist/instruct consumers with ADL's/independence
Essential Job Functions
- The LPN will evaluate consumer in a clinical setting.
- The LPN will be available for completion of laboratory assessments.
- The LPN will be available for maintenance and assessments per telephone to the Center's physician for emergency and/or minor illnesses.
- The licensed practical nurse shall provide medical services to any of the facility's currently enrolled/being served consumers.
- LPN will supervise Patient Aides and Volunteers in the Assisted Living Unit. Supervision will include directly addressing performance issues with Patient Aides and Volunteers as they arise.
- The LPN will also conduct routine nursing rounds, fire drills, and room inspections.
- The LPN will maintain proper infection control procedures.
- The Center may contact the LPN within 4 hours of the required shift/work time that is being requested.
- LPN is required to contact the Center's Nurse Shift Program Supervisor a minimum of 8 hours before required shift/work time if the LPN must cancel or is unable to provide coverage.
- 3 Shifts operate on a 24/7 rotation, to include weekends. Service hours shall be utilized for direct nursing care provided to clients and shall not include travel time to and from facility site. Travel time to the Carl D. Perkins facility is the responsibility of the provider.
About the Facility
The Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center (CDPVTC) provides services to over 714 individuals annually with significant disabilities referred by Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR)Counselors for one or more services that enable their consumers to achieve employment and independence. The disability of the individuals served may be physical, emotional, psychological, and/or cognitive in nature.
The Center supports this mission statement by providing two types of programs: 1) evaluation programs that assess functional capacities and vocational potential; and 2) treatment/training programs that target, address, and focus on problems that might limit functional capacity or employability. It is the Center's policy to serve persons with disabilities of employable age without regard to race, religion, gender, age, or disability type, within eligibility guidelines established by Vocational Rehabilitation. Our emphasis is on services to individuals with multiple and/or significant disabilities.
CDPVTC operates a residential program to enable OVR consumers from across Kentucky to attend the facility and participate in their individualized program of services. Residential services available to OVR consumers include a men's dormitory and women's dormitory housing. An Assisted Living Unit is also available for individuals with physically disabling conditions. The Assisted Living Unit at the CDPVTC is a 24-bed unit that provides medical services for Center consumers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, as well as, outpatient referrals/services.
Please call 855-561-1715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.