Registered Nurse (RN) – Hospital
The registered nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient•s needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient•s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned.
- Communicates nursing interventions, expected outcomes and the time frames for expected completion to other members of the hospital health care team.
- Functions as a resource to the health care team members in planning for patient•s discharge.
- Documents the patient•s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Compares expected and actual outcomes of care and identifies deviation from the plan of care.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Registered Nurse License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- The physical ability and perceptual acuity, (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all direct and
- indirect patient care functions.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use the nursing process.
- Minimum of one year acute care experience in the area of expertise within the last three years preferred.
- Current BLS card; current ACLS/PALS card (per facility requirement).
- Successful completion of the Cell Staff screening for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the RN practices with a score of 80% or greater.
- Cell Staff background screening
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- May work at off-site facility/ client site
- May be exposed to blood-borne pathogens, chemotherapeutic and toxic chemicals
Please call 855-561-1555 or email email@example.com for immediate consideration.