Registered Nurse (RN) – Psych
RN Position Description
The registered nurse, as a professional practitioner employed by Cell Staff, assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The nurse demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards and is accountable in managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
This is brand new, state of the art, in-patient behavioral health/psychiatric and rehabilitation hospital.
RN Minimum Requirements & Details
- Western State Hosptial
- Must be licensed in Virginia as a Registered Nurse with no DHP findings.
- 2nd Shift: 3pm – 11pm
- 3rd Shift: 11pm – 7am
- No 1st Shift
- Prefer RNs with psychiatric experience but not absolutely required
- Prefer Electronic Health Record experience but not required
- This is a 90 – 120 day assignment with the possibility of extension.
- Pay will be established by the facility which varies based on experience and education.
RN Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- RN will work on Patient Care Units, primarily psychiatric patients but also with some medical acute.
- Hospital census: Approx. 250: 8 Patient Care Units with 28 beds each, plus 1 Patient Care Unit for Medical Acute.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care in a psychiatric facility setting.
- Performs focused interviewed to identify specific patients needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and /or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient's plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and /or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient's response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2)Standards of Nursing Practice; 3)Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient's Bill of Right's; and 6) Cell Staff, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
For immediate consideration please contact us at 855-561-1715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to showing you how good "good" can be.