Registered Nurse (RN) – Serving Patients w/ Special Needs
Location: Denton, TX
Professional: Registered Nurse (RN)
Employment Type: Part Time / Full Time
Job ID: CS-16537
Date Added: 02/17/2022
Are you are a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas looking for a FRESH START? If so, we can help. Cell Staff is a national healthcare staffing company with multiple open positions throughout Texas. Our client is currently seeking RNs to work a State Supported Living Facility in Denton, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patients needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient's plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient's response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient's Bill of Rights; and 6) Cell Staff, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Registered Nurse License for Texas.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the RN practices with a score of 80% or greater
- Cell Staff background screening
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- May work at off-site facility/ client site
- May be exposed to blood-borne pathogens, chemotherapeutic and toxic chemicals