Registered Nurse (RN) – Serving Patients w/ Special Needs
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) in Kentucky looking for a FRESH START? If the answer is yes, then we can help! Cell Staff provides nationwide employment opportunities for healthcare professionals and we are constantly seeking the most gifted candidates in the healthcare field to work with our clients. We pride ourselves on being staffing visionaries. Whether is it's your first day or tenth year with us, you will find your individual needs met with the Cell Staff personal touch. That's why we say "It's All About the Experience."
Cell Staff is currently seeking RN's to join the Per Diem/PRN Pool at the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center in Thelma, Kentucky. This position allows employees to set their own working schedule on a part time/per diem basis, based on the currently available shifts.
Current Shifts Available:
• Weekdays on 2nd shift from 3 pm to 11 pm
• Weekends on 2nd shift from 3 pm to 11 pm
• Weekends on 3rd shift from 11 pm to 7 am
• Additional Days and Shifts Times May Become Available Each Month
• One (1) year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Kentucky, and remain active with all annual licensing requirements.
• Possession of a current valid CPR certification.
• Current PPD
• Must possess a valid Driver's license.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive Hourly Compensation
• Weekly Pay (of course its direct deposit)
• Set Your Own Work Schedule
• Certification / CEU Reimbursement Available
• Basically, we can accommodate/build the perfect package to meet your needs!
Knowledge and Skills
The RN shall work directly with the Center's student body to provide but not limited to:
• Medical consultation
• Medication administration / med-pass
• Evaluation/preparation/administration of physician prescribed treatment
• Assisting with physician clinics/physical examinations
• Direct care/monitoring of; blood pressure/pulse, blood sugar, respiration, wound care/treatment, transfers, and meals
• Medication follow-up
• Communication with nursing staff, Center Physician/staff, and consumer family members
• Maintenance of medical records per CDPVTC/state/federal policy and procedures
• Complete shift reports
• Assist/instruct consumers with ADL's/independence
Essential Job Functions
• The RN will evaluate consumer in a clinical setting.
• The RN will be available for completion of laboratory assessments.
• The RN will be available for maintenance and assessments per telephone to the Center's physician for emergency and/or minor illnesses.
• The registered nurse shall provide medical services to any of the facility's currently enrolled/being served consumers.
• Additionally, the RN may supervise LPN's, Patient Aides, Volunteers, and all other personnel in the Assisted Living Unit. Supervision may include directly addressing performance issues as they arise and develop and implementation of corrective action plans.
• The RN will also conduct routine nursing rounds, fire-drills, and room inspections.
• RN must maintain proper infection control procedures.
• The Center may contact the RN within 4 hours of the required shift/work time that is being requested.
• RN is required to contact the Center's Nurse Shift Program Supervisor a minimum of 8 hours before required shift/work time if the RN must cancel or is unable to provide coverage.
• 3 Shifts operate on a 24/7 rotation, to include weekends. Service hours shall be utilized for direct nursing care provided to clients and shall not include travel time to and from facility site. Travel time to the Carl D. Perkins facility is the responsibility of the provider.
Cell Staff is here to offer you something FRESH. We understand you have many options but there really is no one like us and we encourage you to find out why: www.cellstaff.com
Email your resume for immediate consideration, we can't wait to show you how good "good" can be